Sunday, September 04, 2005

Catching Up

It's been a pretty busy few days, so there hasn't been much time for new posting. But I have been busy having a great time - I took the train back to my birth-town for the first time in a few years, which gave me a whole load of thinking time while being transported through places where I've not been that way for ages. Sure I drive down there often enough, but there's a bit more latitude for taking in the scenery when you're not in control of the vehicle. On the way I realised I'm just coming up to the tenth anniversary of first moving to this city - in the time I've been here I've come a very long way, from having no idea what might possibly happen to make me employable beyond casual manual labour to having a job I'm very happy with and my own little house. The train goes through the area where I used to live when I first moved here and all that feels like lifetimes ago, and that's a good sign. It does no harm to be reminded how far I've come, and how much I have to be grateful for. And I am.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_