Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Miles Away (In Facts And Mostly Figures)

I know, I haven't been updating this quite as regularly as usual. Here's why...

* tuesday, fly to Dublin, bus to Belfast, gig in Belfast * wednesday, bus to Dublin, gig in Dublin * thursday, fly home, go to work for the afternoon * friday, work and drive to the midlands for gig in Dudley, drive home again * saturday, drive to Devon for all day festival gig, drive home again * sunday, drive to Kingston for gig, drive home again

In summary, that makes for six days spent doing a mere 750 miles of driving, eight hours on a bus, seven airport/flight hours, five gigs in three countries, and only two and a half days off my annual leave allocation. But while I could theoretically fit in ten weeks like that over the course of the year, thankfully touring bands' schedules don't make that quite so possible.

I've just worked out that the travel, the accommmodation, and the tickets where I bought one all add up to just over two hundred quid, less if you take off the petrol money from a friend whom I drove some of the way. And the beauty of the driving home again is that I'm nowhere near as sleep-deprived as I might otherwise be, though I'm still a little tired.

But crucially, I had a bloody good time, saw a load of my friends, some interesting places and some great shows. And I can't think of much more I could have asked for, although the urge to buy pretty shoes seems to be stirring again!


Comments:
I feel tired just reading that. Has it all gone in the spreadsheet yet? ;-p
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_