Sunday, August 07, 2005

In Vino Veritas

Last night I told someone. Not someone where it would really matter if there was an adverse reaction, but all the same there's still a tiny risk involved. So it's always lovely to find that somebody sober can take what somebody drunk is saying and deal with it. By the time that bottle was empty, we were discussing forthcoming shopping possibilities, and I was offering my brush and applicator wielding skills for a mildly important social occasion in the near future. To say nothing of trying to talk myself into making a sparkly appearance somewhere I would love to do so but would have considered it unthinkable until pretty recently. It's been a little while since I told somebody new, but with a single scenario-specific exception, it only ever gets easier. And that's nothing to do with wine consumption. Since I last posted here, I've made a small change of the turning over a new leaf sort. One of the benefits of being away over the last couple of weeks is that I've had some time and space away from this machine which helps as I can easily overthink and overtalk things sometimes. And that can make me hard to be around, and not a lot of fun. While I can't undo what's already done, I hope to try and follow some new improved sparkly me resolutions as follows. * to lighten up a bit * to be a bit more fearless about sparkly going out * to do more in person sparkly shopping (and less on the web)
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_