Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Secrets Of The Sexes - part two

Yeah, I know, it's a whole load of stuff you probably didn't fancy reading that thoroughly. But in terms of conclusions, what it ultimately boils down to is me being exposed to a less than average amount of testosterone in the womb. The following evidence appears to back this up: * Mother, one of lots of children - the many, many offspring of my mother and siblings are almost exclusively female * Father, one son of one of four sons - total offspring of my generation almost exclusively male You don't need to be a major statistical genius to suggest that a testosterone-heavy Y chromosome on the paternal side was meeting a hugely progesterone/oestrogen-heavy X chromosome on the maternal side. And the Y chromosome carries less information, and his dad is no doubt significantly less tough than the X chromosome's mother, and the result of this instant combination gets the benefit of nine months of incubation in a progesterone and oestrogen rich environment. Over-simplistic, sure. But nonetheless pretty accurate, as far as I know. My vocabulary and foreign language fluency are things traditionally associated with being 'women's subjects', and on the male side, even my job title includes the word analyst. I know that doesn't necessarily lead to the best of both worlds on the wardrobe front, and yes, nurture has a role as well as nature does, but that's a whole other set of neuroses for another time. What else all that tells you I couldn't say, but you're welcome to speculate...
Comments:
Ha ha hah! This post made me laugh so much it's not true. Sorry.
 
Hell, I'm happy to bring laughter to the nation wherever I can.

That's the way it is has never been a satisfactory answer as far as I'm concerned, and I'll take whatever clues I can see, wherever I can find them.

Though I'm happy for other people to point out the flaws in my thinking too :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_