Sunday, July 17, 2005

Back In The Saddle Again

Or if not the saddle, at least the driving seat. After a break of over two months, yesterday I repeated my frequent journey back to my usual place of worship, to see a returning hero of days gone by, and to honour a longstanding servant of the club. There's something about friendly games, like cup games, that make them so much more enjoyable but ever so slightly unsatisfying - the pressure's off, there's no points at stake, there's no risk of falling down the league table. And yesterday was a chance to get a look at some new and prospective new players as well as get back in the swing of things without it really mattering - good news all round. In the seasonal weather, I felt I should remind myself what is good about the place, and spent half an hour swimming in the sea, looking out across the bay at this view of the Isle of Wight. Half an hour rinsing my sinuses out with natural clean brine and reminding myself about how confident I can afford to be in the water. All in all, a great two ice cream day.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_