Saturday, June 18, 2005

Who's Fooling Whom?

Yeah, the succession of I've just washed my hands and here's how it reflects on the day my pencil case got stolen when I was seven text-heavy posts must be a laugh a minute, I'm sure. So I'll try to keep this brief. I've just racked up another minor sparkly first, by taking the new jacket into the local seamstress' shop and inviting her to join in the pretence that there is some mythical she in my life, whose instructions are to remove the excess shoulder padding. Having taken shoulder pads out of jackets before, and managed to repair the lining in a suitably tidy way afterwards, there's a bigger step in getting someone else to do it rather than doing it on my own, than in the work itself. Especially having negotiated the conversation with the seamstress who advised strongly against doing so. The jacket wasn't expensive, and with the pads in there at the moment it looks strangely misshapen on me, and I'm confident my non-standard-female-pattern shoulders will adequately fill the resulting completely destroyed shapeless jacket (her words) that I'll collect next week. And if not, well, worse things happen and I won't lose any sleep over it. The day when I walk in there and ask for a couple of darts to be put in my dress, because I don't like the way it hangs around my waist is still some way off, however!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_