Friday, June 10, 2005

This One's For Nigel

First things first, I've just got in from seeing Half Man, Half Biscuit for the first time in over a decade, and I've had an absolute ball. I get to see most of the bands I truly I love every year or three, or sometimes more often than that, at least the ones who are still playing. So this amount of time away from a band is an exception, largely because they don't play a lot of shows. So it's a very different experience to be faced with songs from half a dozen different albums that I've never heard live before, as well as a good few old favourites that are up to twenty years old. And in all of it there are still surprises, or references that finally drop into place - only yesterday I finally put together exactly which bits of 24 Hour Garage People are nicked from Rock Island Line. No pretensions and no risk of a flying fibre glass white tiger, just some good old traditional English curmudgeonliness and cynicism, and some eminently hummable tunes. Hovis Presley R.I.P.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_