Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Ride Results Update

The final results have been published, and while it's not entirely conclusive, I've got a better picture now of how well I did relative to the other riders even though not everybody was individually timed.

There were two routes, of which I did the shorter, the longer one equates to a moderate Tour de France stage. I'm assuming almost all those who went for the longer one chose to have an individual time recorded, being pretty serious riders, and they number 220-odd, so I think it's safe to say that with a total field of 750, my final place of 36th is out of around 500.

Which is remarkable considering I've only done two rides of more than ten miles so far this year! While I wouldn't have wanted to repeat it the following day, I do feel rather pleased with that :-)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_