Friday, June 24, 2005

Resetting Boundaries

The past ten days have been an interesting period of reflection, and it's not over yet.

The whole big day out at the Savoy was something that took quite a lot of working up to, and while I pulled off the working up bit, I either didn't have the time, or the energy, or the capacity to think about what might follow. Possibly inevitable, but hindsight's a wonderful thing!

Despite whatever planning, the day itself took more out of me than I could have imagined, and on a few different levels, and it took me a few days to get back to feeling like myself - one of the things I have realised is the degree to which I've become reliant on the lovely GUsparklyfolk, and how close I've come to more than pushing my luck and certain people's friendship.

I don't feel especially good about this, or indeed about myself because really I'm old enough that I ought to know better.

I know what happened, and how, and for the future the best I can do is ensure I learn from the experience and don't repeat the mistake. And until I can realign that with reducing my emotional reliance on the lovely GUsparklyfolk a little, I need to leave them a bit of room and keep out from under their feet, which is why I'm not rushing back there immediately.

This is a conversation I'm happy to pursue, via email or via the comments field, but I'm in something of a cleft stick - especially where the problem is the extreme of specific over-communicating, as I know too well that it can be. Further explanation feels like repeating the same thing I'm trying to make amends for, so at the risk of making it look like I'm not bothered I guess I have no choice but to let the dust settle for now.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_