Tuesday, June 28, 2005

More Two Wheeled Fun

I've found a couple of great pictures of where I rode the other weekend. In both, I was riding from the bottom right of the picture, into the hairpin. In the first picture that's going uphill (to the level of the skyline behind the hairpin), and in the second it's going downhill, somewhere in the mid-30s mph. Uphill and downhill, on the brakes! And in august it'll almost certainly be this for added quadriceps bashing. I don't have the time available in the meantime to train properly, and having done the better part of a twice as hilly 65 miles on commuting and base fitness alone, why not push my luck? What's the worst than can happen?
Comments:
You decided on the toughest route then. Best of luck with it all. they look like some steep mountains.
 
Apart from the steep bit near the start, it's only one big long hill that takes twice as long to reach the same height as either of the big ones I did on the last ride.

Admittedly it's after 60-odd miles, but it's not that hard just to sit in a very low gear and spin up the hill at 6mph.

Or so I tell myself!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_