Friday, May 06, 2005

Vote For Love

And if I thought that I could stand for love Then I'd stand and I'd say Vote for me! I'll vote for love! And then we will love again When will we pick up the pieces and love again? Until we do, I'll vote for you And then I'll vote for love again I went and exercised my democratic responsibilities before I went to work this morning, and I don't do anything before work. I consider it important to do so - I've never knowingly missed a vote yet, and whatever may be less than perfect about this country, the fact we get any kind of comment on what's going on is one of the good things about it. There's still enough people on the planet who don't get any kind of comment on what goes on in their lives, and who have plenty more to complain about than I do. I'm under no illusions that voting makes me at one with the disenfranchised and desperately oppressed, but given how hard people have fought to ensure the widest possible entitlement to vote, actually going to the polling station and doing so is the least I can do.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_