Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Clearing Out The Debris - Sparkly Life Laundry part the third

Bit by bit, order starts to take over. The garden looks like a garden, more or less. My bedroom looks like a bedroom with a few clothes on the floor rather than a walk in floordrobe that happens to contain a bed. My living room has two bikes rather than two bikes buried under piles of stuff. My hall and cupboard under the stairs still contain three bikes, sundry diy and bike tool paraphernalia, but a lot of the stuff has been sorted out and it's mostly useful stuff that's left. My CDs are all shelved, if not fully ordered, but that can wait. I shredded a complete binbag full of bits of paper, some of which goes back a decade, and some of which was addressed to both me and A. N. Ex-other which kinda surprised me momentarily, but I'd say it speaks for itself that all this feels entirely natural. To be getting shot of junk of various kinds on what feels like a warehouse scale is all rather overdue. On this occasion, the house half-emptied is definitely a better thing to see than the house half full.
Comments:
Shredding... it's the new black, sweetie.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_