Friday, March 11, 2005

The Music Makes The Tea And Wakes Me Up And Gets Me Out Of Bed

But I just love the life I lead Another beer is what I need Another gig my ears bleed We are the road crew That's pretty much it, apart from the beer, of course. Nice to get a night of respite in between gigs and catching up with a few old friends of mine, and have the chance to catch up on sleep and non-chips type food. Even if I did have some very nice chips bought for me last night, spinach and mascarpone pizza with added onions and peppers was just the job. Ask me in person, and I'll probably tell you the story of how the rock n roll lifestyle caught up with me a while back, and left in me in a heap on the floor. I like to think I'm not yet so long in the tooth that I'm incapable of learning any lessons, especially one visited on me so forcefully. But tomorrow, in the words of Canned Heat, ah well, you know! My mission drive Is to open up my eyes I don't care who wants to stare these days To realise To be brought back down to size The wicked lies and all the shite you say I don't care who wants to stare these days
Comments:
Oh!

You posted the words up from Mission Drive..

I love this song so much, and often go a little misty eyed on hearing it..

Must get my stuffies vinyl onto my iPod somehow!
 
My pleasure, I'm sure.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_