Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Look At Me Here Overseas

It's funny how things can change round in a matter of days. While it's easy to have vague plans and ideal wishes of the things you really hope will happen to you, it's less easy to work out how to get there sometimes. My natural pragmatism serves me well in situations like this, and although I still have certain hopes and expectations of what my life will look like in a decade, say, I've gradually found my way around the possibility that those things may not happen, and that's to be expected as the most important stuff I can't possibly do on my own. And the answer, as is frequently the case, comes in the form of a question. Namely, so when that didn't happen, what did you do with your life instead? And if I can look back and have an answer that takes more than a minute to provide, I'll feel I've done ok. It's not the doing something that suits a thousand pre-ordained criteria that counts, it's the doing something rather than nothing. Just get along the bus and light your own fireworks. And I do.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_