Monday, February 14, 2005

Unhappy Anniversary...

...is a great Loudon Wainwright song. It's a neat reflection that having resolved major historical issues that have habitually jumped out on me, I just don't feel the curse of the calendar these days in any way near as strongly as I used to. And that's a good and healthy thing. Nevertheless, I'm momentarily struck that it's actually a whopping eighteen years ago today that I... well, I know. Which is quite something. In other time-related news, I'm hugely impressed that on saturday night I managed to get in, shower and wash my hair, get dressed, do my hair and make up (albeit not quite to my entire satisfaction) and get out in barely forty minutes. That's the benefit of mentally planning an outfit and sticking with the plan rather than changing my mind. And to be honest, the fact I was in a hurry meant I just got on and did it rather than vacillate, hesitate, procrastinate and agonise about whether I could manage it. But the fastest thing on two heels I am not.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_