Wednesday, February 23, 2005

On The Other Hand

Comedy genius Paul Whitehouse as interviewed by Laura Barton, here: "After The Fast Show finished, I wanted to do a series called Men, actually, and focus on a different male character every week." But "a lot of them were inadequate men. I'm not afraid of exploring the inadequacies of men." And what are the inadequacies of men? In response, he tells me about a programme he watched the night before, about men who wear dresses. "They're not gay, a lot of them, far from it. It's about being able to express emotions other than 'Let's have a ruck' or 'How much can you drink'." He nods at me. "You lot are allowed to express emotions." http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/features/story/0,,1418896,00.html Meanwhile, last night I had several hours of driving under a bright, clear, fully moonlit sky, with a dusting of snow in places, and saw a mouse, a couple of rabbits, and a beautiful owl swooping within a couple of wingspans of my car, to say nothing of a great time wrapped up against the cold.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_