Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Sparkly Policy Statement

It goes without saying that I *heart* my sparkly ladies very much, but I'll say it again in any case. And here I am using the magic (though powder-free) world of the blog to expand on what I'm finding myself increasingly reluctant to say in another place. That occasional reluctance should be understandable in the circumstances, having spent the last year in occasional pub trips with people who live in the same city as me, and with whom the subject of sparkliness has never raised its perfectly coiffed head until someone recently made mention, to which one of my local people was quick to rise in a spirited setting-the-record-straight defence. And compliments about my hair, which I'm certainly vain enough not to lipgloss over. It was probably inevitable, and when it happened I wasn't and still am not bothered. Does this expertly over made up face look bothered? But really though? Does it? The anonymous world of cybersparkling means the world to me, but with decades of disclosure paranoia behind me it's still sometimes difficult to overcome that natural instinct. It can be a difficult line to walk, and my balance isn't always 100% in these heels. In the real world where I do also live from time to time, I have always worked hard to keep my business to myself, and that means all of my business, of which the sparkliness is but one part. It's not for no reason that I've not directly linked here, nor do I visit in the daytime. Sparkliness is a another conversation I've never yet had in a workplace, and I don't plan to start making a habit of it now. I'm here because I'm special, and you're here because I'm happy for you to know. This is mostly me talking to myself, about myself, but you're always welcome. And if you want me to explain myself better, feel free to point out what isn't sufficiently clear. * No sparkly ladies were described as cackling harridans in the process of making this post, for they are not and I will fight anyone who says they are.
Comments:
Sparkly harridans rock
 
I'm proud of being a Sparkly harriden

Starts to cackle

HotToast
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_