Saturday, January 29, 2005

Saturday Night In The Pink

My weekends are frequently busy, so it's no surprise that I'm not entirely accustomed to the madness that is mid-afternoon shopping at an out of town shopping centre. I had an idea it wouldn't be easy, but finding a skirt I liked the look of on the shop's website, I figured it was worth a look. If they'd had the skirt in stock, it would have been, but I remain amused and bemused by how many people appear to take the hectic part of a saturday afternoon as a recreational activity. In the 24/7 modern world, it's not my idea of fun. In any case, failing to find the skirt I wanted I came home, and took a short trip up the dual-carriageway to a nearby out-of-town superstore. It's fair to say the location is on the frontier between cosmopolitan city life, and six-finger badlands. I'm not very in the habit of sparkly shopping, but I am used to that look that says who's that buying that? Nonetheless, I came home with a pale pink knitted top, turtle neck (natch), and a skirt in black with a diagonal pinstripe, and shaped so it flicks out a little on my knees. There's a little more room in it than I need, but then it's designed to hang off hips that are a little bigger than mine. So bath, finger nails, exfoliate, peel off mask, tinted moisturiser, eyebrow pencil, two pink eyeshadows and one grey one just along the upper lash line, sparkly blusher, Naturally Glossy mascara in brown/black, pale pink lipstick, and a trace of powder later, I just need to dry my hair and I'll be ready to go out. Not quite as Cathy Magowan as it sounds, or as this colour palette will allow me to indicate. There's a bottle of wine with my name on it when I get back!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_